Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Ladies of ffvhbp (How We Draw Through Our Frienedships)

Interview With: Jerry Hampton, aka Shanon Grey

Shanon Grey weaves romance and suspense with threads of the paranormal. THE SHOPPE OF SPELLS, published by Turquoise Morning Press, is the first in her series, THE GATEKEEPERS. Book Two, MEADOW’S KEEP, is due out spring of 2012.
Shanon spent her life on coasts, both the beautiful Atlantic and the balmy Gulf. Hurricane Katrina taught her the fragility of life and the strength of friendship, family and starting over.
She currently lives in Coweta County, Georgia, trading the familiarity of the coast for the lush beauty and wonder of the mountains, where her husband fulfilled her lifelong dream—to live in a cottage in the woods. There, she garners inspiration from horses grazing on rolling pastures and deer that wander by to tease her beloved dog.
In THE SHOPPE OF SPELLS, Morgana Briscoe, known to her family and friends as Morgan, finds her relatively normal life turned on its ear when she learns not only that she is adopted, but her birth parents are dead and she now holds half-interest in a business with their ward, Dorian Drake. Despite his riveting good looks, Dorian can barely conceal his hostility toward his new partner. Morgan discovers that she is more than she seems and together she and Dorian have abilities beyond her imagination. Unable to control their growing attraction, Morgan and Dorian dance around their desires and her burgeoning abilities, until danger forces them to face their destiny.
You can join her on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ShanonGrey, follow her on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ShanonGrey and visit her website at www.shanongrey.com. Contact her at shanongreybooks@yahoo.com. She would love to hear from you.


Q: How did you first becomea member of BHBP?
A: I first heard about the group from my cousin and fellow author, Nancy Naigle.
Q: did you find the group welcoming ?
A: I snuck in, to lurk, and was immediately assaulted with enthusiastic welcomes. It’s hard to deny that kind of attention.
Q: how did their interests coincide with yours ?
A: I adore Barbara Vey and loved the idea of being friends with others that liked her. It is an enthusiastic bunch of writers and readers.
Q: did you gain inspiration from the group and how?
A: I had recently signed a contract for my novel, The Shoppe of Spells under my pen name, Shanon Grey. They wanted to know about it and were interested in the release.
Q: what things has the group inspired you to do that you wouldn't have done before
A: Because of the group and some of our ongoing discussions, I have come up with another story. It’s called Captain’s Watch and I am extremely excited about it and am eternally grateful for the friendship this group provides.
Q: do you feel the friendships you have made are lasting ?
A: I think quite a few of the people I’ve met will be with me forever. They support they offer is phenomenal. Leanne hosted me on a blog and let me use her gorgeous eyes on my site and bookmark. Kym put me in a chatroom. Everyone was so nice, I began to feel I could do this.
Q: how has the group expanded your horizons?
A: I was pretty intimidated when my book launched. The group wouldn’t let me shy away. They had encouraged me every step of the way. Only time will show what kind of monster they’ve created.

7 comments:

  1. Shanon you rock! Manda You Rock to!!! Love ya ladies! You can do anything you set your mind to and I proud to be considered your friend :)

    Leanne@-}--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Leanne! You are pretty amazing yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for having me, today! I love being a part of the group and touting it's awesomeness!!! Where else can a newbie have instant friends and constant support?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leanne--you are a constant source of inspiration! The faerie on my shoulder-giving a gentle nudge to go for it! I couldn't have a better friend. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shanon!! *waving wildly y'know in a southern charm kind of way!

    Fun questions. Thanks for not just lurking but sharing your fun journey with all of us. The Shoppe of Spells is an awesome read and I can't wait for Meadows Keep and Captain's Watch.

    Keep 'em coming, girl!
    Hugs and happy writing makes for happy reading for US!
    Nanvcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Nancy. I'm wildly waving back. For those who don't know, Nancy Naigle is a fellow author with Sweet Tea and Secrets going great guns. Besides that, she is one incredible gal! Hi! Thank you for stopping by. I always appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are great! Thanks Jerry for being my guest! Nancy there is plenty of time if you would do me the honor of an interview.?..

    ReplyDelete